Salt breath as the ferry pulls closer. Soul sake sipped. Grandmother fusses over each dish, pouring her heart into and out with each tray. Higher up your room awaits sundown. Exquisite in every detail of the day.
- Inspired by our favorite cook book author Nancy Singleton Hachisu and her latest work-of-art Food Artisans of Japan. When designing this tray we were reminded of a story Nancy wrote on pg. 244 about Teishoku: The Japanese Tray Meal. One of the two images in the story shows a tray with a flat side, possibly to allow the diameter to be large and accommodating but with the ability to be pulled close to the diner. We drew inspiration from this way of dining and this flat side to create this tray. Large enough to accommodate but shaped to be held close.
- Approximately 22"in diameter
- Cherry with Brass Staple
- Made by our hands and will therefore express individual character.
- One of a kind
- Hand wash only. Wash immediately after use.
- In Stock, ships within 7 business days