The shiny gold blade glides through the sticky wagashi sweets; the smell of tea steeping in the thick summer air envelopes the ceremony.
- This design started years ago as we were inspired by the Japanese Tea Ceremony and the accompanying sweets. When we started forging this shape we tried to make it true to its original purpose and proportions but through the years we found that smaller size didn't relate as well to American ways of eating. So recently we decided to create a Kashikiri V2.0 with larger proportions and a wider blade better suited for cutting and spreading. We hope you enjoy this new style.
- Each knife is approximately 7" with the blade 7/8" wide.
- Each one is made by our hands and will therefore express individual character.
- Price is for one knife only
- Interested in the oak plate in the picture? Find them HERE
- Brass will tarnish naturally over time.
- Hand wash only.
- Do not leave in salt, spices or condiments for extended periods of time. Hand wash immediately after use.
- In stock ready to ship within 5-7 business days